Is your home a mess right now like mine is?
It is always a work in progress, am I right?
You know, there comes a point where you just have to take a weekend (or week) and just dig in and get everything whipped back in shape.
PIN THIS ON PINTEREST
**This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
That is the mission I am on in the next couple of weeks.
Clutter causes me stress and puts me in a really bad mood.
I don’t invite people over to my house when I feel my house is so messy.
I want to be able to have friends over and have my home a haven and a place of rest.
How about you?
Well, I have found some really great tips and inspiration from the veteran home organizers I have included in this post from YouTube.
I love seeing their beautiful, serene spaces! It makes me feel like I can do that too!
So grab a cup of tea or coffee and relax and watch how these moms tackle organizing their homes and spaces.
Abby from Just A Girl and Her Blog
Abby’s system to organize everything in your house:
- Take everything out and start with a blank slate
- Purge like crazy (most important step)
- Put like items together
- Corral like items – look around the house and find bins or repurpose what you already have (cardboard box wrapped in pretty paper)
- Label everything – she uses a silhouette machine and label maker (see below)
- Refill your space (put in a drawer liner to make it look pretty)
- Put things back in their homes – stay organized for the long term
- Tweak your system (fix what doesn’t work – it’s okay to make changes)
Here are the products she mentioned in the video:
Professional Organizer & Expert Alejandra Costello
Alejandra is full of great organizing tips:
- Lazy susan for oils, vinegars and condiments and spices
- Canned goods on tiered shelves
- Chalkboard adhesive labels on airtight containers – chalkboard marker wipes off if you change what is inside
- She uses a cool tea bag organizer for tea bags
- She labeled the drawers and shelves
- Double shelf for plates and bowls
- Sheet metal on the inside of the cabinets (makes it magnetic) instead of on the fridge
- Vertical storage for flat baking pans
- Peg boards for craft supplies and ribbon
- Mail center sections using trays for categories of mail
- Colored file folders on rolling cart for documents
- Stickers in poly envelopes
- She has checklists of her chores and exercise routines and she gets a sticker every time she completes one – very rewarding
Check out my FREE Organized Mom Vault to access cute organizing printables PLUS more goodies!
- She organizes clothes by type: dresses, long sleeves, short sleeves and uses labeled closet dividers
- Clothes hanger snaps are color coded for each type of clothing
- She used over the door shoe hanger for makeup and hair products
- Shower curtain liner with storage pockets for soap and loofahs
- Tackle box for batteries, screws and nails
- Bungee cord to make a cage for balls and sports gear
Check out Part 2 of her home organization tips and tricks in the next video…
What do you think?
Were these videos as inspiring to you as they were for me?
I’m ready to organize my house now and put some of these organizing tips and ideas to work!
Which ones are you going to try in your home? Leave a comment below!