Day 5 & 6 of the Make Over Your Mornings 14 Day Course was all about goal setting. She really broke it down in a way that made it really easy to put my goals on paper and see what really is important to me in my life right now.
Worksheets were provided that you can print to help you write down the priorities in your life right now, set goals to achieve what is important to you, and then break the goals down into bite-size chunks.
It's all about being INTENTIONAL in the way you live your life. It really made me ponder what kind of legacy I am leaving. I don't want my children to remember a mom who was always chasing around putting out the “urgent” fires. I want them to remember a mom who was calm, cool, and collected (most of the time) and that made God, family, and hard work a priority.
“If you want?to make a difference in your lifetime, daily goal setting is an important tool to a?life well lived.” ~Crystal Paine
Day 5 & 6 ? Make Over Your Mornings Challenge
My areas of priority in this season of my life are:
She stressed the importance of not setting huge plans that are not realistic or too overwhelming.
So I listed 2 goals for each area of priority that is important to me. My goals are:
- Daily devotional time in the Word
- Read Bible or Devotional to children daily
- Date Nights/Lunches
- Encourage my husband more
- Lose weight down to 128 lbs
- Eat healthier
- One on One time
- Increase profits from my blog
- Grow my audience
Setting priorities and goals are great, but that doesn't tell me HOW I'm going to achieve them. So the most important step is to setup a plan of action for each goal.
It's amazing that after doing this, the goals didn't seem so big of a deal at all. Definitely not overwhelming.
So here is a list of some of the action steps I am taking each day or week to achieve my goals:
- Read one Proverb each morning before breakfast
- Read the Bible to my children during lunch time
- Pick 2 days per month for a date with hubby
- Praise my husband for at least one thing each day
- Pop in an exercise DVD 3 times a week during the baby's naptime
- Follow the Trim Healthy Mama diet
- Spend 30 minutes one day per week with each of my daughters doing only what they want to do
- Plan our homeschooling week/month/year each Sunday
- Add content upgrades to my blog posts to offer free downloads to subscribers
- Make one YouTube video per day
I figured out the time it would take to implement each of these action steps and most days it only added up to a total of one hour per day.
That is definitely achievable! I'm so excited to implement these and see how much it will change our lives this year!
What are your priorities in this season? Are you taking steps to achieve your goals in these areas? Leave a comment below.
P.S. Scroll all the way to the bottom